Monday, June 7, 2010

Growing Pains

Well, school's out and it looks like summer is finally here. And I'm still unemployed...but I do have a completed résumé, so yay for me!!  :) I haven’t exactly been out beating the pavement, but I do peruse the help wanted section daily. Just taking one day at a time….


Emily’s 13th birthday is coming up on Sunday. I can’t believe my baby will be an official teenager! It just seems like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital. Now she is tall enough to just about look me in the eye. It’s such a bittersweet time for me as a mom. I’m so proud of the lovely young ladies my girls have become, and I am so happy for all they have accomplished – but sometimes I long to hold my babies in my arms and keep them close. They were such a joy as little girls. They still bring me joy, only in different ways.

I’m reminded of one of my favorite quotes: “There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.”

I’m lucky to be their Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment