Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, but would always wonder – who the hell cares about what I have to say?
Eventually it occurred to me that maybe a blog would be more for me than for a reader. So here we go, prospective readers – let’s see if I can come up with anything that someone would care to read.

My blog is titled “Sufficient Unto the Day” because I am at a point in my life where I am finding that I function best if I take only one day at a time. The quote “Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof” is from Matthew 6:34. In essence, it means you should not worry about things that might happen in the future; it is enough to worry about things that are happening today. Now, if you know me at all, you know that I’m not a religious person. I prefer to think I’m spiritual. In the words of the venerable Kid Rock, “I’m no saint, but I believe in what is right.”
But this specific quote has always resounded with me, even if I’m not a Bible-reader. Since our family’s situation has become a bit precarious, I really find comfort in trying not to worry incessantly about things that may or may not happen. I just take things as they come, and I do so much better. Plus, I don’t chew my nails as much. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You're a fellow blogger now!! I am so looking forward to reading your words of wisdom and insight! I love this verse from Matthew, it's so beautiful from the King James Version. Here is another translation that I love: "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." That's from The Message Bible. I also always remember my wise mother's advice "Just do the thing that is in front of you, don't worry about what's going to happen tomorrow!" I've needed to go back to that time and again in the past year and a half!!!

    ReplyDelete